Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A day for remembering...

The funeral for Grams was last night.  It was a traditional Buddhist service with much chanting and incense.  Beautiful and serene.  So many people showed up, the line of well wishers went out the door of the chapel and around the building.  It's tiring, kissing and hugging so many people. :)  But it was a wonderful tribute to my grandma.  


Tonight, at zumba, I had another visit from a beautiful moth.  Seems like she's still hanging around.  On the 22nd of February we'll have the burial and the 49th day service.  It's said that the spirit hangs around for 49 days and after the service, will move on.  So hopefully we'll be having a few more visits.  


I'll have to share my dad/bird story another day.  


Here are some pictures from last night.  Don't worry, it wasn't DURING the chanting.  :)  






6 comments:

Alison (FreshStart) said...

It sounds like a truly lovely service, and thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I love that the moths keep coming around, I am a firm believer that the people who love us in this life will always find a way to let us know that they are still present :)

PS go Zumba!!!!

Seven said...

Thanks for sharing. Those pictures are beautiful. It sounds like, from reading your other posts, the service reflects the beautiful person she was.

K J and the kids said...

Your grandmother was beautiful. I'm glad that she's still around. I think it says something that its you she's chosen to stay with.

Keri said...

The service looks beautiful. And I love the thought of her staying around for 49 days.
Lovely.
Much love to all of you.

Next in Line said...

What a beautiful display for her and way of honouring her. Your family is very special.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful. I'm glad grams is hangin around a bit