Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello CPS?

Isa knows about beer and wine because of her various family members who imbibe. She knows who likes what and that we should always pick up an extra bottle or case for her aunt and uncle. She's asked to have a sip here and there but we tell her that "alcohol" is only for adults. Fast forward to two nights ago. After dinner Isa was mixing up something in her blender.

Isa: Here, Mommy, I'm making us something. But Maya can't have it. She's tooooo little.
Me: What is it? A smoothie?
Isa: It's alcohol!
Me: You can't have alcohol either! It's only for adults.
Isa: It's KIDS alcohol, Mommy.
Me: There's no such thing.
Isa: Yes there is.
etc. etc.

Her eyes may have even rolled, I couldn't be sure. *sigh*
I guess I'll never be able to adopt her. We wouldn't pass the home study.

"Yes Ms. Social Worker, my moms give me only KIDS alcohol, not the adult kind. No, Maya doesn't have any, she's too busy chewing on dog toys and gnawing her crib."

2 comments:

Diana said...

Awesome! File under "thing you don't want repeated at preschool"

Stacy said...

I know right? I may just have to homeschool so that we don't get sent away to prison. lol