Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A few things I don't want to forget

Recent Isa-isms

Scene:  Isa and Baba looking through a Nordstrom catalogue.
Isa:  Baba, would you mind this?
Baba:  No, I don't mind.  That's nice.
Isa:  What about this Baba, do you care for this?  Do you mind this?
Baba:  Yes!  I like that one!
And so on and so on.

Scene: At the museum today
Rebeca- Ooh is that a T-Rex?
Isa- *huffs and rolls eyes*  MAMA!  A T-rex has TWO claws, that dinosaur has THREE.
The "DUH!" was definitely implied.

She calls men's cargo shorts, capris.  Much to their macho dismay.  She says "patter-N" for "pattern".  She talks in a weird Japanese old person accent when she's speaking to my grandmother.

Maya's new thing is to say "How 'bout me?" for everything.  :)

When her favorite teacher has to "scold" her for something at school, she looks at her with a huge smile and says, "I yuv you Ms. Cab!"

Octopus= "ahpapuss"

She's copies everything Isa says even when she can't pronounce it.  :)  It's adorable to us, annoying as hell to Isa.

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Good job writing this stuff down.
They'll love you for it one day.