My favorite vacation is one Rebeca and I took just 5 months into our relationship. It was March of 2001, her spring break. We started it off with Gay Prom at my former university. The next morning we headed down to her hometown in southern Colorado. I met her parents and youngest sister for the first time. (I hyperventilated on the way) After staying a night there (in separate rooms) we drove to New Mexico. We stayed at the Triangle Inn in the cutest little casita.
We toured around Santa Fe and visited the Georgia O'Keefe Museum and The Museum of International Folk Art. After a couple of days we drove on to Taos. We got into town pretty late and ended up staying at a uber ghetto Bud.get Inn. I checked in as a single person and snuck Rebeca into the room. (We were SOOO broke during this time) The TWIN bed had a plastic sheet under the fitted one and the towels were about the size of a sham-wow. Pretty humorous.
We ate tamales by the dozen and really fell in love with Taos and each other. I wish I had pictures on the computer of this awesome vacation. It was a short trip, but we had such a wonderful time.
2 comments:
aww, i loved this one. what a sweet story!
Such a good story. Sounds like an awesome vacation!
Post a Comment