Day 27 – Which movies or tv shows do you think are the most accurate portrayals of parenthood?
I think I'll have to go with "Rosanne". The kids weren't perfect in any way and neither was their parenting. :) But there was a lot of love and support. Plus their Halloween episodes rocked!!
Pretty sure I look like this some days.
Day 28 – What size family do you come from, what size family do you want, and why?
I only have 1 sibling, a brother. Rebeca has 6 siblings! Originally I wanted 4 children, but I'm completely content with the two we have. Or in more honest terms. NO WAY IN HELL WILL WE HAVE MORE!! :) We're just getting to the point where they're old enough for us to go out without them a lot more. Maybe one day we'll even go on a mini vacay without them. *ahhhhhhhhhhh*
Day 29 – What do you think about giving kids an allowance, and what chores do you or would you expect your child(ren) to help out with?
We go back and forth about that. I was never given an allowance and neither was Rebeca. We were just expected to be free labor. I envision the same for my children. And when they're old enough to get a job, they'd better. Hopefully they'll be much more money savvy then their mothers are. I was a check bouncing fool and Rebeca LOVES to spend. It can be an ugly thing.
Day 30 – What is/are the most memorable questions or reactions you’ve gotten in regards to being a two-mom family?
We've been pretty fortunate in that we've never had anyone say anything negative. Thank goodness. I think one exclamation that always makes us laugh came right as Maya exited the birth canal. The midwife caught her, looked up and cried, "She looks exactly like Stacy!!"
A lot of people just "forget" that I'm not biologically related to the girls and attribute a lot of characteristics to me. And when Maya was a baby quite a few people commented about how she looked exactly like my dad. It's nice. We love that the girls look like both of us and most people wouldn't be able to tell whose loins they came from.
#27- A quote you try to live by. "Everything is as it should be."
#28- Somewhere you'd like to move to or visit.
My dream is to go to Reggio Emilia in Italy. I want to visit the Diana School and go on a study tour. Plus I want to go to Italy for the food! Here's a picture of the "studio" at the Italian School. *droool*
#29- 5 weird things you like. It might be weird to you, or it might not be.
1. SPAM
2. I like to eat my hamburgers in a circle. And I don't like when Rebeca effs up the pattern.
3. I love "other-ness". If you are an Amish-transgendered-tattooed-polygamist who only gets off by eating hair gel and you have 14 kids who work in your family piercing studio, I totally want to watch your show.
4. Liver and onions
5. Any kind of paranormal stuff.
#30- One thing you're excited for.
I'm excited that tomorrow morning my mom and her little bf will be taking both girls to see Sesame Street Live. I will have 3 glorious hours to myself. ALONE!! And I'm also excited that Rebeca will be coming home finally. It's been a loooooooooong ass week.


3 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rosanne. She's from Utah you know.
I hope you have a couple of those few hours along WITH Rebeca.
I think 3/4 of my kids look more like Jan than myself.
Weird how that works out.
Bwah, ha, and ha!
I love it when people forget alex isn't biologically tied to this baby. People keep asking how big we each were when we were born and then tell me that the baby will be big.
Not only is Roseanne from Utah, she was our pride grand Marshall this year!
I have missed a million posts from you to comment on but it mostly cOmes down to me saying that we have to be best friends. ie I saw your comment on isa's blog and I too made alex promise me a bouncy castle after the baby is birthed.
Post a Comment