Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, July 4, 2011

My day and kinda challenging the LBD

This morning we began the day by eating breakfast at Long.hi's.  It was great!!  I had the lobster benedict and it was fab. u. lous!!  The girls gone wild children were with us, so we indeed had to speak about them and to them.  Isa is always great at nice restaurants, but Maya is another story.  She's WILD!!  She had to have a couple of bathroom chats.  But really she doesn't give a shit.  *sigh*  


Here are some pics from the breakfast.  



Strawberry lemonade!

Finally a smile!

Notice Maya is wearing a different shirt by the end of breakfast.  

Of course neither of them smile and Maya is doing her chola head nod.



It was a nice breakfast.  After, we walked around Ala Moana a bit and headed to the Humane Society.  I like to go and look and see which dogs I would adopt if I could.  Rebeca and I both wanted this little cutie.  *sigh*  One day.  



We drove home and put the kids down for a nap.  Then Rebeca and I snuck out and drove to the North Shore for a shave ice.  Guava/mango with vanilla ice cream for her and grape/cherry/lime for me.  :)  Delish.  


My mom made a fantastic dinner of:  ricotta gnocchi, baked brie, salad, bread and spaghetti with a ragu sauce.  She also made an Irish Cream bundt cake and a fruit tart.  It was all fantastic and I ate too much.  


I'm so glad that the people in my life know that good food and puppies will always make my birthday a good one.  *grin*  


Oh and during our shave ice outing, we DID NOT talk about the children.  Nod to the LBD challenge.  

Tomorrow Rebeca is taking me to get my ears gauged.  It's my b-day present from her.  :)  





4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Oh you are easy to please girl.

Glad you had a great birthday. and so happy you tried to keep your conversations limited...even if it was just over sno cones :)

Kirsten said...

What a lovely day! I loves those sno cones. I seriously have to restrain myself from seeking them out every day during the summer.
Also, I cannot go to the humane society because I leave with animals. I can't help it, it breaks my heart.

This Mom said...

OMG, that food looks so good!!
I'm glad to hear that your day was full of good things. :)

Jersey said...

mmm... that benny looks awesome!!

and i wanna see picts of the new ears!