Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Fun

What a fantastic weekend it's been!  Isa's been wanting to go to the beach for a long time, so we finally got a chance to go Saturday morning.  They had a blast making sand castles and bouncing around in the water.  Maya has no fear and would wade in up to her neck.  She thinks she can swim and doesn't want any help from either of her moms.  Ugh.  She's definitely one we need to watch at all times.  Isa is more cautious, but was excited to show us her new moves from swim class.  Rebeca and I have decided that SPF 8 really does NOT work for us.  *sigh*  


Yes, that's me lifeguarding in the back.  


This morning we met some friends at the Swap Meet.  What?  You haven't heard of it?  If you are ever in need of a Hawaiian print ANYTHING or t-shirts 7 for $20, this is the place for you. I bought some blackberry vinegar (delish) and a bag of pickled mango (double delish).  I was also looking for some seat covers, but wasn't able to find ones I liked.  Isa saw many many many sparkly/gaudy clothes that she coveted, and Maya tried to steal a few gold bracelets, but they both settled for a rainbow shave ice instead.  


After sweating off a few pounds at the swap meet we drove home, fed the girls and put them down for a nap.  Then Rebeca and I snuck off to the North Shore to eat some of this.  




Garlic shrimp baby!!  1 dozen skrimps, 2 scoops of rice and tons of butter and garlic.  All those brown bits??  Garlic, lovely garlic.  PLUS no kids?  It was a beautiful thing.  *sniff*



5 comments:

Kirsten said...

between the words "blackberry vinegar" and "pickled mango" and the picture of shrimp, i must leave your blog now to vomit.

K J and the kids said...

spf 8. ha ha ha ha
That's just funny.
HELLO-OH. it must be at least spf 15 to get any kind of help.
:)

Almost through with sugar rush.
Just a couple more episodes.

Anonymous said...

What a weekend. I would.love to eat.that lunch on a date with no kids to run after. Heavenly

Stacy said...

Kirsten- I totally laughed at your comment. Not because I made you hurl!! Sorry about that. But after you deliver, you'll appreciate the deliciousness.

KJ- I'm trying to tan!! :)

Anon- Oh the memory of it. :) It's totally my happy place now. lol

This Mom said...

Ahh..the swap meet. There was one every weekend at the college near us in California and we went all the time. Seriously. I bought endless amounts of books there as well as many, many pairs of funky earrings. I even bought my prom jewelry at the swap meet. We've got the flea market here and it doesn't come anywhere close to the awesomeness of the swap meet.