Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dos

Day 2- Something You Feel Strongly About
Day 2 -Describe your high school self. What extracurricular activities, if any, did you participate in during high school?


Something I feel strongly about.  That's a pretty vague prompt.  Right now I feel strongly that I should go to bed since I have to get up extra early tomorrow.  I also feel quite strongly about Crocs.  I don't think they look good on adults unless you're a nurse and are actually nursing.  We got some for Isa and Maya, but they're still young enough to look semi-cute in them.  


I also feel quite adamant about the following:  drunk driving, wearing string bikinis, marriage equality, same side booth sitters, blue cheese on steak, cross contamination, voting, having to wear shoes to work, nuns, being cuddled during summer (ick), ECE, people who are rude to wait staff, women who are anti-woman, buying puppies from pet stores,  Anne Hathaway and the list could go on and on.  


Other #2-  Describe your high school self.  Extra curricular activities?  


I adored high school!!!  Seriously, I wish I could go back and do it again.  I had that much fun.  :)  My friends and I were the officers of a lot of the clubs so we all joined each other's organizations.  I belonged to the Key Club, Leo Club, S.A.D.D., Nakayoshi-Kai (Japanese Club), Close Up and Mock Trial.  


I was also a peer tutor, worked on Homecoming every year, was the editor of the newspaper my senior year and also captain of the softball team.  For graduation I was class song chairperson and voted most humorous.  :)  


As a student...eh.  I got by.  I was too busy having fun to be very disciplined.  Got As and Bs and the occasional C in math.  I still loathe math.  All in all I did fine enough that I never got in trouble with my parents.  


I was a pretty good girl only because my friends were.  I only skipped school during my senior year with my not good influence buddy, Joey.  Her mom would pick us up and we'd go to the mall.  I would be completely paranoid the entire time so it was really a waste.  


In high school I was also known as "weird".  I looked local but sounded very "mainlandish" so I never completely fit in.  One of my friends said that the first thing I EVER said to him was, "Did you know Coke support apartheid in South Africa?"  He didn't even know how to respond.  


I didn't date anyone, but no one really did.  I thought all lesbians looked like dudes so I was pretty sure I wasn't one.  I was a little homophobe for sure.  I watched some lesbo porn to show just how straight I was.  You know the kind with a lot of patting and scissoring????  Not hot at all.  


All in all I had a grand time.  My friends and I still hang out when we can.  I'm definitely much more comfortable in my skin as an adult, but I wouldn't change anything about high school.  


Check out the dyke in the emerald green dress!!  Whoooooohoooooo!  



3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I'm not an Anne Hathaway fan either.
What is that about.

Love that picture of you.
weird or not I liked the way your brain worked. :)

Next in Line said...

Love the dress!

I also feel strongly that I should go to bed early :)

This Mom said...

Okay, you're kind of my hero for doing two challenges at once... How do you do it??