Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Nineten

#9  How important do you think education is?  
     I take a cotton to some book learnin'.  


#9  Most important lesson I learned from my mom.
     That women are powerful.  


#10  Put your music on shuffle.  What are the first 10 songs?  
    
     1.  Castaway by Green Day
     2.  Lover of Mine by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
     3.  Brave New World by  Michael Penn ( I don't know who this is.)  
     4.  She's Hearing Voices by Bloc Party
     5.  You Came Out of Nowhere by Belinda Carlisle
     6.  Remember by John Lennon
     7.  Dumb by Nirvana
     8.  I Don't Wanna Know by Indigo Girls
     9.  Music by Madonna
   10.  Maybe This Time by Glee Cast (Kristin Chenoweth)  




#10  Favorite recipe-  Taco Soup by Paula Deen.  This is DELICIOUS and such a hit at potlucks.  It's like Frito Pie but so much better.  :)  I don't usually use the green olives and I put way more than a couple of corn chips in the bowl.  Go wild! 



Ingredients

  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 2 cups diced onions
  • 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
  • 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
  • 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
  • 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
  • 1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
  • 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
  • 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
  • Corn chips, for serving
  • Sour cream, for garnish
  • Grated cheese, for garnish
  • Chopped green onions, for garnish
  • Pickled jalapenos, for garnish

Directions

Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.


1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

yummy. I'm going to have to try that.
Paula Dean skimping on the tortilla chips. (gasp) I'm surprised.

Great lesson learned by mom and I LOVED the cartoon :)