Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

...5, 6, 7, 8 Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!

#5-  Things you want to say to an ex.
        Get yourself healthy.

#5-  What do you prefer to do on your birthday?  I like to pretend that they aren't really happening.  Especially this year as I'm way closer to 40 than I am to 30.  *waaaaaaaiiiiillllll*  But a nice dinner tends to cheer me up.  :)
        Girls' b-days-  I love the 2 for 1 party.  I'm hoping we can convince them to keep doing them for a while.  I love the idea of them having their own special days and for them to feel like we're celebrating their Being, and that it's not about presents or cake.

#6  Views on mainstream music?  Umm.  I agree?  lol  I like most music.  My tastes range from Garth Brooks to Slightly Stoopid to Brandi Carlisle to Shakira to Eminem.  Depends on my mood.  Right now, the girls and I listen to the Glee v.4 soundtrack.  Maya always asks for "Boom Boom" aka River Deep, Mountain High and Isa likes "Lucky" and "Just The Way You Are".

#6  Last time you tried something new?  I'm a creature of habit, but I will always try something at least once.  The last time...hmmmmmm  Oh!  A couple of weeks ago I tried a new author I had long heard about, Emma Donoghue.  Huge fan now.  :)

#7  5 Pet Peeves   1.  Drunk driving
                             2.  People touching me with their feet
                             3.  Out of control pets/children
                             4.  People who are rude to waitstaff/retail workers
                             5.  People who overuse "good job" with young children.

#7  Favorite things to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
      Breakfast-  Eggs benedict!!  Or the Traffic Jam from The Egg and I  :)
      Lunch-  noodles like chow fun or saimin
      Dinner-  Rebeca makes me this fabulous scallops and dill dish for special occasions.  It's over angel hair pasta.  Yuuuuuuuuuum

Isa and Maya's faves.
      Breakfast-  pancakes
      Lunch-  turkey sandwich or grilled cheese
      Dinner-  rice, chicken and nori (seaweed)

#8-  What I ate today.  Urgh.
        Breakfast-  2 Sausage burritos and iced tea
        Lunch-  2 Shrimp Summer Rolls w/ peanut sauce  :)
        Dinner-  Club sandwich

#8  When did you discover your love for teaching/the subject?
       During my undergrad I majored in English to teach high school.  I always railed AGAINST being a teacher because there are so many in my family.  But by the time I was in college it incorporated everything I wanted to do.  As graduation neared, I began my coming out process.  Not good timing.  I stayed in bed for days at a time and failed my clinicals because I never showed up.  Instead of doing them over, I opted to take a year off instead.  :)  I went back, graduated with an English degree only, deciding that I didn't want to teach anymore.  I found a job and managed a bookstore for the next 5 years.
       I was in crisis mode and knew that I needed out of retail.  I found a program through the fabulous Boulder Jour.ney Sc.hool and decided to go for it.  In one year you got an MA and a licensure for birth-3rd grade.  It was hellish, but that's where I discovered my passion for ECE  and the Reggio approach.  Teaching young children is where the action is!!


*aaaaannndddd scene*
        

5 comments:

Jersey said...

omg... i have so much to say!

first, regarding question 7A, item #5... i think i will totally be the kind of mom who overuses "good job". ill also probably overuse, "careful, that man looks like a perp" and "tell auntie stacy that she needs to move to colorado".

next, i totally love that you listed eggs benedict because i have a confession to make. one time after a breakfast gathering with you two (pre-chillins) NM and i were driving in the car and i said, "ew, who eats eggs benedict?". fast forward 4 years and its pretty much my go-to meal when its on the menu. i love it!! lol.

K J and the kids said...

Good Job ! ;-)

Next in Line said...

ECE and the Reggio is very cool and one of the best most important jobs out there. How fun!

Kirsten said...

So when I was in a band many moons ago, I totally shared a green room with all 4 one. I considered stealing one of their cell phones and selling it on eBay.
Also as I was reading your comment to alex she said YES! before I even finished the word Hawaii.

This Mom said...

I've heard a lot of people profess their love for Emma Donoghue... guess I'm going to have to try her now. What book did you read?