Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 2- Body art


  1. Talk about your piercings and/or tattoos if you have any. 


My mom got my ears pierced when I was 4 years old.  I got my second holes when I was in my early teens.  By the time I was in college I had 6 holes on one side and 7 on the other.  I started playing rugby and it became too much of a hassle to take them all out every week, so I just let most of them close up.  The 1st and 2nd holes remained open since they were so old.  (heheh I had “old holes”)

When I was around 20 I got my eyebrow pierced.  My mother said that if I stepped off the plane with that “thing” in my eyebrow, she’d pull it out.  So sweet.  I thought it looked snazzy and slightly hardcore.  But it was a little odd always seeing “something” fluttering above my left eye.  I took it out before spending the weekend with my very religious friend whose family I didn’t want to offend. 

Those are the extent of my piercings. 

The summer I turned 18, three friends and I went to get tats.  I got my “peace honu” on my upper right thigh.  When we were done, we went to my mom’s school.  I told her, “Look at Judy’s tattoo!!  Isn’t it cute?”  My mom replied, “Mmmhmmm.  Where’s yours?”  So perceptive.  Yet she didn’t ever think that I might be gay?  Pffft. 

When I was 20 I got my middle name written in kanji on my upper left thigh.  I used my Disco.ver card to get a cash advance, and also bought my friend a tattoo that night.  We were skipping class as well.  Hoodlums!!  

I was 21 when I got my toe ring tattoo with my first (straight) “girlfriend”.  The tattoo artist gave me a grape lollipop to suck on.

During my season at Lake Powell, when I was 22, my friend Kimmy and I took a trip up to S.alt La.ke City.  I was feelin’ all gay pride and shit and got a lambda tattooed over my left boob.  It’s the only tattoo that I regret.  I’m going to get it changed into something else one day.  It’s pretty stupid. 

That was my last tattoo for 16 years!!  I always wanted more, but there was never enough money for what I wanted.  And that’s a huge back piece.  J  One day one day. 

And then came this past March.  Rebeca and I decided that it was time to put our commitment into our skin.  Instead of getting super fancy rings, we split the money between ink and cheaper rings.  It’s more us anyway.  The result was fabulous and I couldn’t be happier. 

My tattoos each speak to a different time in my life.  I love having this artistic record of my history.  Even the dumb lambda. 


No comments: