Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Who Meme?

9.  Favorite meme at the moment?  

Again, I had to go to The Google to find out what the hell a "meme" was.  I had an idea, but wanted to know the correct definition.  This is what I found on wiki.

A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.[3]

Huh??  And that was only like 1/32 of the definition.  That answered none of my questions.  So then I went to this site.  Oh my word.  I opened it early this morning and haven't closed the page yet.  Can't.  Look.  Away!!

I still don't really know what defines a "meme", but I have had a good chuckle looking at some of the different ones.  And of course I welled up a bit with others.  Damn.  

I've decided that some of my faves are the ones where parents text their kids.  Hi-larious!!  I see these on Fb and there are couple that I laugh at.  EVERY.  SINGLE. TIME.  







1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Oh holy shit did I laugh the first time I read the text from the dad about the moth. I was sitting at my desk (pretending to work) and I cracked up, LOL! I love me some texts from parents. ;)