Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Two fer

When I was a freshman in college, living with a roommate, I would often answer our phone, "WhoresRUs. 2 for 1 special, 5 for a dollar!"  Once it was her mom.  Hopefully she didn't understand my speedy sales pitch. 

Today I shall be answering 2 challenge questions because I'm behind.  I might actually be behind two, but whatevs. 

25.  Tell us about the last book you read.

The last book I read was "The Other Side of the Story" by Marian Keyes.  I love her books!!  She's hilarious and always good for a fun read.  Plus she's an Irish author and I do so enjoy learning new words and pretending to have an Irish accent.  Or fantasizing about having a girlfriend/lover with an Irish accent.  Rrrawr. 

These books are definitely what most would call "chick lit", and those who know me probably can't fathom the idea that I read these kinds of books.  But I really do enjoy her voice.  She makes me laugh even when the subject is a little serious. 

“It was ironic, really - you want to die because you can't be bothered to go on living - but then you're expected to get all energetic and move furniture and stand on chairs and hoist ropes and do complicated knots and attach things to other things and kick stools from under you and mess around with hot baths and razor blades and extension cords and electrical appliances and weedkiller. Suicide was a complicated, demanding business, often involving visits to hardware shops.

And if you've managed to drag yourself from the bed and go down the road to the garden center or the drug store, by then the worst is over. At that point you might as well just go to work.”
― Marian Keyes, Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married



26.  One place you'd like to visit. 

There are so many places I'd LOVE to visit!!  One being Ireland so I can sit in a pub and listen to accents all night.  England being another place I'd like to go to for the same reason.  Oh and I've always wanted to go during Christmas time, to be all Dickens and shit. 

I want to go to New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Italy. 

Notice these are all places where women can just talk me into submission.  *sigh* 

I'll tell you one place I would NOT like to visit.  Anywhere I'd get killed for being a 'mo.  Or where I'd have to cover my body fully with clothes. 

Yes- Accents
No- Killing of the gays

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No killing the gays indeed. And I'm so glad you posted that quote because now I have a book to rush out and read!