For the love...
I spend a very small amount of time thinking about Lady Gaga. I enjoy some of her music, as do my children, but I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about her. Does that make me completely ancient? (as usual)
So that's my answer. I don't tend to opine on the life and times of one Lady Gaga.
********************************************************************************
In other news, Maya starts kindergarten on Monday. For the first time in 7 years, I will have none of my children with me at work. I am both ecstatic and in mourning.
Thinking about solo car rides is rocking my world. I can sing at the top of my lungs without being harassed about playing "What Am I Thinking" for the 10 trillionth time. I can listen to music with swear words in it. I can stop and GET OUT of the car to get a drink or snack on my way home. It's like I'm going to have a 2 1/2 hour vacation every day, Monday through Friday. I'm practically giddy.
Then I really stop to think about what this all means. My baby is growing up. *heavinguglycry* Ugh. It hurts my insides to even type that.
I've had my babies to myself for most of the last 7 years. And although I bitch about it, at times, it's been awesome. I've been able to be with them every day, yet be separate from them at the same time. I've been so lucky being able to look across the walkway in our school to see them learning, working, playing and getting in trouble. Not too many people get that.
I've been damn fortunate.
Having Isa go off to kindergarten 2 years ago was difficult, but I still had Maya. Now, Rebeca will have the commuting joy. *evil laugh* She rarely has them by herself, so this will definitely be a change in her day to day.
I can't handle all this growing up. I just want my babies back, yet I'm also excited to see the new things life has in store for them.
Multiple personalities of parenting.
![]() |
| Today was her last preschool field trip. |

1 comment:
That is the best picture. The best.
Post a Comment